Mon-Fri 9am-5.30pm

FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

General FAQs

Do I need travel insurance?

UK Tours

We recommend that all passengers have sufficient travel insurance to cover cancellation in case of illness etc.

Overseas Tours

If you are travelling abroad, travel insurance is a necessity.

If you wish to buy travel insurance then we recommend Staysure Travel Insurance. They are our recommended insurance provider and for a quote please call 0800 652 0831 and quote reference ARE15 or visit their website.

Unfortunately we aren't able to sell travel insurance directly, but we have worked with Staysure for some time and recommend their insurance services.


How many people will there be in the group?

For our special interest tours, we try to limit the group size to a maximum of 30 people to ensure each person gets the most from their holidays. For our Bridge holidays, the groups can be up to 100 players on our overseas land based trips.

What if I am travelling alone?

Don’t worry. Many of our guests are single travellers too and we find that the group as a whole, who all share a common interest, is very welcoming to everyone. Also our experts and tour managers are on hand to help should you need it. On our Bridge holidays, partners are always found in the Bridge room for single travellers.

What if I have special needs or require additional help?

Arena Travel welcomes passengers with special needs wherever the appropriate arrangements can be made. We therefore ask that anyone suffering from a medical condition or disability, or simply needing a little extra help during their holiday, provides full details of their special requirements. Passengers with a disability must be accompanied by an able-bodied person who is willing, and able, to assist them where necessary.

Should you have any concerns regarding the suitability of a holiday prior to making your booking, please contact our Reservations Team on 01473 660800 where a member of staff will be able to help you.

Do I need a passport or a visa?

You must take a valid passport with you on holiday if travelling abroad. Please click here for the latest government advice about passports. If you don’t hold a British Citizen passport then requirements may differ and you’ll need to check with the embassies of the countries you are visiting. At the time of going to print British Citizens do not need a visa to visit any of the countries within Europe. It is your responsibility to ensure you have the right travel documents and we may require all passport information prior to your departure.

Providing the passport bears the words ‘British Citizen’, or ‘Holder has the right of abode in the United Kingdom’ you will be admitted to the United States under the Visa Waiver Scheme. There is a requirement to pre-register the VWP application on line at least 72 hours prior to travel. The website for registration is: and they will need a valid email address to receive the ‘Authorisation Approved’ document as without this they will be denied boarding by the airline. The registration is then valid for 2 years or until the expiry of the passport (whichever is the sooner). Holders of other passports (including nationals of other EU states) should consult the US Embassy prior to departure for current visa requirements.

Are there any special health requirements?

No. The Department of Health produces the Health Advice for Travellers booklet (T6) which is available from your local Post Office or by telephoning 0800 555 777 free of charge.
However, the cost of any specialist medical treatment can be high and passengers must ensure that they carry sufficient travel insurance to cover any unexpected medical bills.
Under Britain’s new agreement with the EU, UK residents’ rights to emergency and medically necessary healthcare will continue when travelling in the EU. UK residents will now be able to apply for a UK Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) which will gradually replace existing European Health Insurance Cards (EHIC). 
Existing EHIC cards will still be valid until they expire. If you don’t have one you can apply for a GHIC, for free, at the official website. Any websites which include a charging fee to process the GHIC are in no way affiliated with the official NHSBSA GHIC service. Please visit the official website here: 

When do I get my travel documents?

Upon receipt of your payment (and subject to places being available), you will be sent a Confirmation Invoice. Approximately 2 weeks before departure, you will be sent your travel wallet containing tickets, baggage tags and final detailed itinerary.

Can I pay by credit or debit card?

Yes you can. We are pleased to accept payment by MASTERCARD or VISA for all, or part of your holiday cost. Please complete the appropriate box on the Reservation Form if you wish to pay by credit card.

Is Arena Travel fully bonded?

Yes. Your payments are fully protected.

Holidays with flights:

Arena Travel, who operate the flight-based holidays, are fully bonded with the CAA under ATOL no 10117 which means that your air inclusive holidays are fully protected in the unlikely event of our insolvency.

Holidays without flights:

If your holiday does not contain a flight and/or is accommodation only, then these non-licensable package arrangements are covered by Financial Failure Insurance arranged by Towergate Chapman Stevens through Zurich Insurance PLC.


The holidays on this website are arranged by Arena Travel (Arena Tours Ltd). Your contract is subject to Arena Travel’s Booking Conditions. They are also available by post by calling the Reservations Team on 01473 660800.